Tuesday 3 July 2012

10 Brutal-tastic Animal Attacks


One beautiful summer morning I was upsetting every lazy bone in my body by jogging.  “WTF is this?” they all seemed to cry out as I hit the nature trails in Whistler, British Columbia.  Aside from year round skiers, snowboarders, and mountain bikers, Whistler shares its forests and mountains with another wild creature:  bears.  So on this particular morning when I heard a woman’s scream coming from behind me, which was followed by a large brown furry animal rustling in the bushes I was running past, my body was instantly flooded with those wonderful fight or flight chemicals, while my shorts were filled with a variety of other chemicals.
grizzly-bear1
Turns out, the furry animal was a giant Golden Retriever, and the scream was actually the owner calling the dog back.  Now, as much as I’ve fantasized about going toe-to-toe with a wild animal, and which celebrity mask I’d wear after having my face eaten off, I’ve never been more relieved that my bear battle would have to wait another day. I wasn’t ready to be another player in one of those million hit youtube Animal Videos!
golden_retriever
The following is a collection of videos and images from people who weren’t so lucky, and who found themselves at the mercy of the wild (CAUTION:  SOME IMAGES AND VIDEOS ARE BRUTAL AND WILL DISTURB/GROSS OUT THE FAINT OF HEART)
(DON’ T SAY I DIDN’T WARN YOU!)
(I SWEAR TO GOD IF I READ ONE COMMENT ABOUT HOW GROSSED OUT OR DISTURBED YOU ARE…WELL.. I’M NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING, EXCEPT SWALLOW MY RAGE, ONLY TO LET IT LOOSE ON AN UNSUSPECTING MAILBOX WHEN I’VE DRANK TOO MUCH WHISKEY.  SO FOR THE SAKE OF ALL MAILBOXES, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF)

Elephant Attack

Tiger Attack

Crocodile Attack

Killer Whale Attack

This girl is extremely lucky to be alive, especially when you see what killer whales like to do with their prey.

Leopard Attack

Moose Attack

Buffalo Attack

Lion Attack

Not sure why this man was in the same cage as the lion. Right up there with shark water, lion’s cage is one place I ferociously try to avoid being in.  And by ferocious I mean I just don’t go near them.

Bull Attacks…everybody!

Polar Bear Attack

polarbear-attack
For more gruesome images of this attack which will haunt your soul for 6-8 weeks visit here.  For an image of a bear attack that your soul will never recover from, visit here.
Truth be told I love animals, ALL animals, and as much as I’m proud to have opposable thumbs, a forebrain and an iPhone, I feel guilt over how many animals we’ve needlessly killed, displaced, imprisoned, or trained to ride unicycles through rings of fire.  Which is why whenever I hear of an animal destroying a human, my money, my sympathies and my hi-fives are almost always on the side of the animals.  Sorry humans, but it’s great to see what natural abilities, strength and instincts can do us when we’re not cheating with our “intelligence” and our “weapons.”

No comments:

Post a Comment